Double Glaze Upgrade For Sash Windows
Single glazed windows only offer limited insulation, while double glazing provides better thermal insulation, reduces energy bills and makes your home feel much warmer.
It is important to understand that not all double glazing is the same and does not offer the same level of thermal insulation. We can talk you through the various components that go into providing you with efficient double glazing.
We offer two choices for installing double glazing
- We can retain your original sash windows by removing the old glass and install slim double glazing into the sash windows.
The sash windows and case are then fully renovated, painted, mastic applied and fully draught proofed.
- We can replace the sash windows with new double glazed sashes to match your existing sashes and install these into the existing box (case). The sash windows and case are then fully renovated, painted, mastic applied and fully draught proofed.
Our double glazed upgrade service is designed to radically improve your original sash windows and make them energy efficient.
A typical sash window double glaze upgrade will involve
- Remove original window glass
- Install slim argon gas filled double glazing
- Replacing any rotten timber
- Restoring & preparing the original sash casement
- Fully painted with 3 coats of exterior grade paints
- Replacing the external pointing with traditional sand mastic
- New sash ropes & pulley wheels
- Energy-efficient draught proofing
- Brighton sash locks
- Sash window ironmongery